Understanding Felonies In Texas
In Texas, felonies are the most serious criminal penalties that the state hands down. If you are facing potential felony charges, you deserve to find a criminal defense attorney who is aggressive and skilled in defending criminal charges.
At Dornburg Law, we are criminal defense lawyers who have extensive experience in felony defense. We understand Texas’s legal codes and can build a defense for you. We help clients across Victoria facing criminal charges. We will be aggressive for you and answer all your questions.
Felony Classifications And Penalties
When we get to work for you, we first answer all your questions. One of the most common questions we get is how the felony system works. Each crime has a range of possible misdemeanor and felony severities based on several factors. For felony crimes, they are:
- State jail felony: Punishable by 180 days-2 years in jail and a fine of up to $10,000
- Third-degree felony: Punishable by between 2-10 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000
- Second-degree felony: Punishable by between 2-20 years and prison and a fine of up to $10,000
- First-degree felony: Punishable by between 5-99 years in prison and fines up to $10,000
- Capital Felony: Punishable by life without parole or the death penalty.
When you face a felony charge, you cannot take any chances. You must take steps to protect your freedom and future. We can help.
Aggressive. Attentive. Experienced
Since 1999, we have been an aggressive team fighting for our clients’ rights. We have the experience to efficiently and effectively build a legal strategy that fights the charges against you. More than that, we pay attention to you and your struggles. We listen and stay in constant communication to keep you informed of what’s going on in your case.